Money magazine found 100 places across the US that feature affordable homes, a healthy economy, and a high quality of life. Delaware and Powell both made the list!
To determine rankings, Money looked at cities with populations from 10k-100k. They removed any place that had more than double the national crime rate, any city with a median household income lower than 85% of its state’s, or any place that lacked diversity.
This gave them a list of 2,400 places, which they further limited by considering economic health, public education, cost of living, and amenities.
The greatest weight was placed on economic health, cost of living, and public education.
Lastly, researchers interviewed locals and checked out neighborhoods to get to know things about the cities you can’t find in statistics.
Comparing Delaware & Powell
According to the report, Delaware and Powell’s projected job growth is 10.6%, making this a great place to relocate to for work. Plus, the Average Commute Time is only 25 minutes!
The biggest difference between the two places, according to this report, is the Median Household Income. Delaware’s Median Household Income is $56,370, while Powell’s Median Household Income is $131,254
SOURCES: Synergos Technologies, realtor.com, Moody’s Analytics, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Department of Education, and Witlytic. Median home price reflects sale price at county level, except where noted otherwise.
What Really Makes Delaware & Powell Great Places To Live
- Fantastic Schools: Both cities have excellent schools, and parents with children in Powell and Delaware public schools have great things to say.
- Higher Income: If you’re thinking about moving to the Central Ohio area, Delaware and Powell offer higher average incomes than other parts of Central Ohio or the U.S. average.
- Great Economy: Central Ohio has a healthy economy, and Delaware and Powell are also growing.
- Things to Do: Since Delaware and Powell are part of Central Ohio, there’s plenty to see and do here. In fact, the Columbus Zoo is actually in Powell.
- Amenities: From golf courses to parks and pools, both Delaware and Powell have a lot to offer residents.
Learn more About Delaware & Powell Ohio
If you’re thinking about moving to Delaware or Powell, contact me at 614-547-3229 to learn more about these cities and to find out which one might be a better fit for you. As a Central Ohio native and expert, I can help you dial in on your ideal neighborhood and find the right house for you.
Browse Homes For Sale in Delaware & Powell
|Information Deemed Reliable, but Not Guaranteed. The property information being provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.|