It can get pretty cold in Columbus during the winter. So, any list of things to do in Columbus in the winter must include indoor activities.
Columbus Museum of Art
There’s always something interesting to do at CMOA. Check out the events this month at the Columbus Museum of Art. View Calendar
Interested in astronomy? The Perkins Observatory offers programs open to the public. Learn more.
Franklin Park Conservatory
From cooking to art classes and more, there’s always something happening at the conservatory. View CalendarCommunity Spotlight: Franklin Park Conservatory
View Homes For Sale Near Franklin Park Conservatory
The zoo may seem like a warm weather activity, but some of the animals love the snow! The Columbus Zoo hosts winter events and things to do. View Winter Activities
Homes For Sale Near The Zoo
Laugh Away The Winter Blues
Get in out of the cold and laugh yourself warm at a Columbus comedy show!
- Comedy Events Coming Up on Ticketmaster
- Comedy Events on Eventbrite
- Comedy Events on Allevents
- Columbus Funny Bone Comedy Club Calendar
- The Nest Theatre Improv Shows
Love the symphony? Or Broadway shows? Find performing arts events in Columbus Ohio. View Calendar
COSI: Center Of Science And Industry
If you’re looking for something to do with kids in the winter in Columbus, definitely check out COSI! They have a theater, planetarium, and A LOT more. Plus, they were voted America’s #1 science museum three years in a row. View Info
Lace-up some roller skates and hit the rink! Columbus has some great roller rinks with a variety of fun indoor activities. They regularly host fun, theme nights like ’80s/’90s, Newbie, Family, and more! View Locations & Learn More.
Ohio is a beautiful state with a variety of year-round outdoor activities. In the winter, we have sledding, skiing, skating, and more!
Sledding At Metro Parks
Columbus Metro Parks have some of the best sledding spots in Ohio. Folks especially love Highbanks Metro Park, Sharon Woods Metro Park, and Battelle Darby Creek Metro Park. The blog Columbus On The Cheap has a great list of the best sledding hills in Central Ohio. Learn More From Columbus On The Cheap
Columbus Metro Parks also offer great winter hiking and cross country skiing spots to get out for fresh air.
There are a couple of places in Ohio where you can hit the slopes.
- Mad River Mountain: One of the largest ski resorts in the state and only an hour from Columbus. They tend to sell out early, so don’t wait to check them out.
- Snow Trails Winter Resort: Located midway between Columbus and Cleveland, Snow Trails is great for skiing, snowboarding, and tubing.
Ice skating is a classic winter activity, and Columbus is fortunate to have both indoor and outdoor ice skating options.
- Dublin Parks offers skating and sledding spots. More Info
- Chiller Ice Rinks: Indoor ice skating locations around Central Ohio. More Info
- More Indoor And Outdoor Ice Skating Options