It can get pretty cold in Columbus during the winter. So, any list of things to do in Columbus in January must include indoor activities.
Michelangelo – A Different View
See 45+ works of art under license from the Vatican Museums reproduced via a special technique.
Where: Union Station Ballroom – Greater Columbus Convention Center
When: December 22, 2021 – January 23, 2022
Immersive Van Gogh Exhibit
The much anticipated interactive Van Gogh exhibit is finally here in Columbus! This is an immersive digital art experience for the whole family that you don’t want to miss.
Where: 940 Polaris Pkwy Columbus Ohio
When: Through February 6, 2022
Columbus Museum of Art
Want more Van Gogh? Check out the events this month at the Columbus Museum of Art. View Calendar
Franklin Park Conservatory
From cooking to art classes and more, there’s always something happening at the conservatory. View Calendar
Like the conservatory, there’s always something to do at the zoo! In January, check out Workouts For Wildlife – Penguins View Calendar
Laugh Away The Winter Blues
Get in out of the cold and laugh yourself warm at a Columbus comedy show!
- Comedy Events Coming Up on Ticketmaster
- Comedy Events on Eventbrite
- Comedy Events on Allevents
- Columbus Funny Bone Comedy Club Calendar
- The Nest Theatre Improv Shows
Love the symphony? Or Broadway shows? Find performing arts events in Columbus Ohio. View Calendar
COSI: Center Of Science And Industry
If you’re looking for something to do with kids in the winter in Columbus, definitely check out COSI! They have a theater, planetarium, and A LOT more. View Info
Ohio is a beautiful state with a variety of year-round outdoor activities. In the winter, we have sledding, skiing, skating, and more!
Sledding At Metro Parks
Columbus Metro Parks have some of the best sledding spots in Ohio. Folks especially love Highbanks Metro Park, Sharon Woods Metro Park, and Battelle Darby Creek Metro Park. The blog Columbus On The Cheap has a great list of the best sledding hills in Central Ohio. Learn More From Columbus On The Cheap
Columbus Metro Parks also offer great winter hiking and cross country skiing spots to get out for fresh air.
There are a couple of places in Ohio where you can hit the slopes.
- Mad River Mountain: One of the largest ski resorts in the state and only an hour from Columbus. They tend to sell out early, so don’t wait to check them out.
- Snow Trails Winter Resort: Located midway between Columbus and Cleveland, Snow Trails is great for skiing, snowboarding, and tubing.
Ice skating is a classic winter activity, and Columbus is fortunate to have both indoor and outdoor skating options.
- Dublin Parks Ice Rinks: Dublin offers two outdoor Ice skating options. They are weather-dependent, so check out their website for more info.
- Chiller Ice Rinks: Indoor ice skating locations around Central Ohio. More Info
- More Indoor And Outdoor Ice Skating Options