We’re two months into 2020, and the market is already getting HOT! Keep reading to see how the market is doing in Columbus right now.
- 🏘️ Central Ohio Homes For Sale, Listed, Sold, & Pending
- 📐Central Ohio Average Price Per Square Foot
- 📉Central Ohio Days on Market
- 💲Central Ohio Housing Prices
- 🏘️ Central Ohio Months Of Inventory
- 📈Central Ohio Absorption Rate
- Central Ohio Housing Market Report At A Glance
- Central Ohio Home Sellers
- Columbus OH Home Buyers
🏘️ Central Ohio Homes For Sale, Listed, Sold, & Pending
The number of Homes For Sale in January 2020 was 2538 units.
• Down 14.7% compared to December 2019
• Down 11.4% compared to January 2019
The number of Homes Listed in January 2020 was 2180 units.
• Up 56.7% compared to December 2019
• Up 8.7% compared to January 2019
The number of Homes Closed in January 2020 was 1539 units.
• Down 32% compared to December 2019
• Up 2.3% compared to January 2019
The number of Homes Placed Under Contract in January 2020 was 2567 units.
• Up 51.3% compared to December 2019
• Up 43% compared to January 2019
📐Central Ohio Average Price Per Square Foot
📉Central Ohio Days on Market
The average Days On Market trend in the Columbus area is Rising.*
The Average Days on Market in January 2020 was 38 days.
• Up 8.6% compared to December 2019
• Down 7.3% compared to January 2019
The Sold/Original List Price Ratio is Falling* at 95% for January 2020.
• 0% compared to December 2019
• 0% compared to January 2019
*Based on 6-month trend – Rising/Falling/Remains Steady
💲Central Ohio Housing Prices
The Median Sold Price trend is Depreciating* The Median Sold Price for January 2020 was $204k.
• Down 4.2% compared to December 2019
• Up 7.4% compared to January 2019
The Average For Sale Price trend is Neutral.* The Average For Sale Price in January 2020 was $372k.
• Up 4.8% compared to December 2019
• Up 2.2% compared to January 2019
The Average Sold Price trend is Depreciating.* The Average Sold Price in January 2020 was $238k.
• Down 3.6% compared to December 2019
• Up 10.2% compared to January 2019
*Based on 6-month trend – Appreciating/Depreciating/Neutral
🏘️ Central Ohio Months Of Inventory
📈Central Ohio Absorption Rate
Central Ohio Housing Market Report At A Glance
Use this table to quickly see how the Columbus, Ohio area real estate market is doing.
Central Ohio Home Sellers
We’re still in a Seller’s Market in Central Ohio, and home values are in a long term uptrend. So, it’s a great time to sell your home!
If you are ready to sell your Columbus home soon, now is the time to start preparing. Get in touch with a local real estate pro about preparing your home for the market. An expert agent is the best person to help you decide which updates to consider and how much to spend. You want your home to be move-in ready for buyers, but you don’t want to go overboard with updates and improvements that eat into your profits.
Questions about the home selling process? Check out our Seller FAQ section.
Please Note: Market conditions vary between neighborhoods and price points. Call or text Columbus Realtor Rita Boswell at 614-830-9767 to learn more about market conditions in your specific community.
Columbus OH Home Buyers
Interest rates are low, and home values are predicted to continue to rise in Columbus. Builders are way behind, so housing demand due to low supply isn’t going away anytime soon. All this means that even though we’re in a seller’s market, you can still make a smart investment by buying a home in Central Ohio.
Because we’re in a seller’s market, make sure you get pre-approved before finding the perfect home. Preparation will help you win your dream home, even if you find yourself in a bidding war. Connect with a mortgage professional to get started.
About Central Ohio Real Estate Market Reports
“At the Rita Boswell Group, our goal is to provide home buyers and sellers with the most recent, in-depth market information possible.
Our report is based on data supplied by the Columbus Board of Realtors or its MLS. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Specific data points provided above may be adjusted, which will be reflected in future reports.
Our Central Ohio real estate market reports cover the counties of Franklin, Delaware, Fairfield, Licking, Madison, Pickaway, and Union. For market information on a specific community, contact Realtor Rita Boswell at 614-830-9767.”