It’s officially Spring! When the temperature climbs and there’s more daylight in the evening, it’s perfect for house hunting!
Read More to see how the Central Ohio real estate market did in February and to view trends.
- 🏘️ Central Ohio Homes For Sale, Listed, Sold, & Pending
- 📏Central Ohio Average Price Per Square Foot
- 📉Central Ohio Days on Market
- 💲Central Ohio Home Prices
- 🏘️ Central Ohio Months Of Inventory
- 📈Central Ohio Absorption Rate
- Central Ohio Real Estate Market Report At A Glance
- Central Ohio Home Sellers
- Columbus OH Home Buyers
🏘️ Central Ohio Homes For Sale, Listed, Sold, & Pending
The number of Homes For Sale in February 2019 was 2634 units.
• Down 8.1% compared to Jan 2019
• Up 11.8% compared to Feb 2018
The number of Homes Listed in February 2019 was 2047 units.
• Up 2.2% compared to Jan 2019
• Down 5.1% compared to Feb 2018
The number of Homes Closed in February 2019 was 1575 units.
• Up 6.2% compared to Jan 2019
• Down 2.6% compared to Feb 2018
The number of Homes Placed Under Contract in February 2019 was 2385 units.
• Up 28.2% compared to Jan 2019
• Up 23.8% compared to Feb 2018
📏Central Ohio Average Price Per Square Foot
📉Central Ohio Days on Market
The average Days On Market trend in the Columbus area is Rising.*
The Average Days on Market in February 2019 was 44 days.
• Up 7.3% compared to Jan 2019
• Up 4.8% compared to Feb 2018
The Sold/Original List Price Ratio was Steady* at 96% for February 2019.
• Up 1.1% compared to Jan 2019
• 0% compared to Feb 2018
*Based on 6 month trend – Rising/Falling/Remains Steady
💲Central Ohio Home Prices
The Median Sold Price trend was Neutral.* The Median Sold Price for February 2019 was $198k.
• Up 4.2% compared to Jan 2019
• Up 8.2% compared to Feb 2018
The Average For Sale Price trend is Appreciating.* The Average For Sale Price in February 2019 was $388k.
• Up 6.6% compared to Jan 2019
• Down 2% compared to Feb 2018
The Average Sold Price trend is Neutral.* The Average Sold Price in February 2019 was $230k.
• Up 6.5% compared to Jan 2019
• Up 6.5% compared to Feb 2018
*Based on 6 month trend – Appreciating/Depreciating/Neutral
🏘️ Central Ohio Months Of Inventory
It’s still a Seller’s Market* in Columbus, Ohio!
While down compared to last month, inventory rose compared to the same time last year.
The Months of Inventory based on Closed Sales in February 2019 was 1.7.
• Down 10.4% compared to Jan 2019
• Up 13.7% compared to Feb 2018
*Seller’s market: less than 3 months of inventory based on closed sales
📈Central Ohio Absorption Rate
Central Ohio Real Estate Market Report At A Glance
Central Ohio Home Sellers
Planning to sell your home soon? There’s still time to take advantage of the Seller’s Market. More daylight in the evening and warming temps means we’re coming into House Hunting Season. Home buyer activity will pick up. Activity will also increase as many people put tax refunds towards a home purchase.
Call or text Columbus Realtor Rita Boswell at 614-547-3229 to learn more about market conditions in your specific community.
Columbus OH Home Buyers
Rising inventory may be a good sign for struggling buyers.
For starter homes, though, inventory remains low and demand high, so there will still be heavy competition in the lower price ranges.
Serious home buyers need to be ready before they find the perfect home. Consult with a mortgage professional to determine your budget.
About Central Ohio Real Estate Market Reports
“At the Rita Boswell Group, our goal is to provide home buyers and sellers with the most recent, in-depth market information possible.
Our report is based on data supplied by the Columbus Board of Realtors or its MLS. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Specific data points provided above may be adjusted, which will be reflected in future reports.
Our Central Ohio real estate market reports cover the counties of Franklin, Delaware, Fairfield, Licking, Madison, Pickaway, and Union. For market information on a specific community, contact Realtor Rita Boswell at 614-547-3229.”