In June, Months of Inventory stayed at 0.8. Since this is under 3, it remains a seller’s market. With continued low inventory, home prices continue to rise.
Homes continue to sell quickly at only 18 days on average. While that’s longer than the housing frenzy of 2021, it’s relatively quick.
Continue reading to see how the Columbus, Ohio housing market is performing. “Today’s Stats” are also included so you can see how things have changed as of the time of writing (July 17th, 2023).
If you need to buy or sell a home, please contact us at 614-830-9767. You can always begin your home-buying journey online from the comfort of your home at RitaBoswellGroup.com. You can even see sold homes on our site!
- 🏘️ Central Ohio Homes For Sale, Listed, Sold, & Pending
- 📐Central Ohio Average Price Per Square Foot
- 📉Central Ohio Days on Market
- 💲Central Ohio Housing Prices
- 🏘️ Central Ohio Months Of Inventory
- 📈Central Ohio Absorption Rate
- Central Ohio Housing Market Report At A Glance
- For Central Ohio Home Sellers
- Columbus OH Home Buyers
- Get Your Local Market Snapshot
🏘️ Central Ohio Homes For Sale, Listed, Sold, & Pending
The number of Homes For Sale in June 2023 was 2522 units.
• Up 20.6% compared to May 2023
• Down 0.9% compared to June 2022
The number of Homes Listed in June 2023 was 3422 units.
• Down 0.5% compared to May 2023
• Down 23.3% compared to June 2022
The number of Homes Closed in June 2023 was 2900 units.
• Up 4.8% compared to May 2023
• Down 16.9% compared to June 2022
The number of Homes Placed Under Contract in June 2023 was 3408 units.
• Up 18.7% compared to May 2023
• Up 1.3% compared to June 2022
Featured Central Ohio Home For Sale
Three bedroom, two bathroom home for sale in Westerville Schools!
📐Central Ohio Average Price Per Square Foot
📉Central Ohio Days on Market
The average Days On Market trend in the Columbus area is Falling.*
The Average Days on Market in June 2023 was 18 days.
• 0% compared to May 2023
• Up 80% compared to June 2022
The Sold/Original List Price Ratio Remains Rising* at 101% for June 2023.
• 0% compared to May 2023
• Down 1.9% compared to June 2022
*Based on 6-month trend – Rising/Falling/Remains Steady
💲Central Ohio Housing Prices
The Median Sold Price trend is Appreciating.* The Median Sold Price for June 2023 was $340k.
• Up 0% compared to May 2023
• Up 3% compared to June 2022
The Average For Sale Price trend is Appreciating.* The Average For Sale Price in June 2023 was $544k.
• Up 0.9% compared to May 2023
• Up 15% compared to June 2022
The Average Sold Price trend is Appreciating.* The Average Sold Price in June 2023 was $392k.
• Up 1.6% compared to May 2023
• Up 4.5% compared to June 2022
*Based on 6-month trend – Appreciating/Depreciating/Neutral
🏘️ Central Ohio Months Of Inventory
📈Central Ohio Absorption Rate
Central Ohio Housing Market Report At A Glance
For Central Ohio Home Sellers
Inventory and rates are putting the market in a tug of war. Higher home prices and higher interest rates are making it difficult for buyers who find themselves priced out. It’s still a great time to sell your home in Columbus, but it’s not as crazy-competitive as last year.
If you’re selling your home in 2023, consider the following:
- Don’t overprice your home. It’s important to price your home correctly or even a little low to induce the “auction effect.” If you need to reduce the price, don’t wait to do so. Read: When To Reduce The Price
- Make your home as close to move-in ready as possible. Buyers prefer move-in ready and tend to overestimate the cost of repairs.
- Consider offering Seller Credits or Buy Downs to help home buyers deal with higher rates.
If all that sounds like a big pain, get our easy, fast, and fair cash offer to sell quickly without the hassle of selling traditionally.
Questions about the home selling process? Check out our Seller FAQ section.
Please Note: Market conditions vary between neighborhoods and price points. Call or text Columbus Realtor Rita Boswell at 614-830-9767 to learn more or to request a Neighborhood Report, which provides in-depth data for your specific neighborhood.
Columbus OH Home Buyers
While the market is normalizing, inventory remains too low. But, despite higher rates and higher home prices, it still makes more sense to own than to rent. Rents have increased just like everything else. Homeownership is one of the best vehicles for building generational wealth.
Consider this, according to Rent Cafe, the average rent in Columbus, Ohio is $1,183 and the average apartment size in Columbus is only 881 square feet. That’s $14,196 a year for an apartment less than 1k square feet. Over a 30-year span, that comes out to $425,880 for something you don’t own.
If you’re still renting, look for opportunities in the market such as “stale” listings, price-reduced homes, new home opportunities, down payment assistance, and fixer-uppers. Start building your own wealth instead of your landlord’s. We have many strategies to help you beat this housing market and become a homeowner.
Thinking about buying a home in Central Ohio? Call or text the Rita Boswell Group at 614-830-9767. We can help you find your dream home, even in this challenging market. The market is competitive, and you definitely want a skilled agent working for you.
The most important step in buying a home is getting pre-approved. Connect with a mortgage professional to get started with pre-approval.
About Central Ohio Real Estate Market Reports
“At the Rita Boswell Group, our goal is to provide home buyers and sellers with the most recent, in-depth local market information possible.
Our report is based on data supplied by the Columbus Board of Realtors or its MLS. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Specific data points provided above may be adjusted, which will be reflected in future reports.
*Our Central Ohio real estate market reports cover the counties of Franklin, Delaware, Fairfield, Licking, Madison, Pickaway, and Union. For market information on a specific community or for the entire Columbus MLS, contact Realtor Rita Boswell at 614-830-9767.